D U K E A W A R D S C H O L A R S H I P
The Duke Award is a one-time award of up to $15,000 or more created to recognize an outstanding Hawaii high school senior who exemplifies the character and personality traits of Duke Kahanamoku. This scholarship will help raise awareness about Duke and inspire individuals to emulate his character.
Applicants for the Duke Award must be nominated by a school or athletic official.
• Online Application
• A Personal Statement
• Transcript of Grades
• Three Letters of Personal Reference with phone and email contact
• Athletic Resume (Last Three Years)
• Color Photographs of Applicant: 1 headshot and 1 sports action
• Federal Tax Return (Applicant’s Parent(s))
• A nomination by school official (Athletic Director, Coach,
Counselor, and/or Principal) is required.*
Scholarships will be open October 15, 2020 - January 31, 2021.
Each school may nominate up to 3 candidates to be considered for the Duke Award. Only 3 to 6 Hawaii high school seniors are selected as finalists each year for this prestigious award. Those students who are not selected as a finalist will automatically be considered for the Ambassador of Aloha Scholarships. Scholars applying to the Duke Award who do not have a nomination from their school official will only be considered for the Ambassador of Aloha Scholarships. Incomplete applications will not be considered for either scholarship. Applicants should be sure to complete every field.
Press Release Wednesday, Aug 5, 2020.
Hawaii High School Athletic Association (HHSAA.
The Hawaii High School Association (HHSAA) executive board approved by majority vote to postpone the start of Moderate - and High Risk Fall Sports to January 2021, which affects Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, and Girls Volleyball. Air Riflery and Bowling are classified as Low Risk Sports with the implementation of safety guidelines and are slated to proceed in the Fall as scheduled.
Phase 2. Opening Athletics
Procedure Required for ALL Student Athletes
Gym, Tennis Courts, Upper Field Court, Gym Tumbling Room, Air Riflery).
Required Items to bring for ALL Student Athletes
1. Student Athlete (SA) picks up Physical Form & Risk Form from the front office (or download from School website).
2. Submit completed forms to the Athletic Trainer (AT) after school hours (check for signatures, 1 person may submit).
3. SA receives an Athletic Clearance Form from the AT (Signed by AT).
4. SA takes the Athletic Clearance Form to front office Account Clerk after 3:00pm, clear financial obligations.
5. SA submits the Athletic Clearance Form to the Coach in order to tryout/workout.
6. Coach checks the Athletic Clearance Form for all 3 signatures.
7. After team is made, Coach submits all Athletic Clearance Forms to AD.
The Athletic Director is available to receive calls and visitors between the hours of