TRADE SCHOOL INFORMATION
Apprenticeships are unique long-term training programs that allow job seekers to learn specialized skills for various trades. In Hawai‘i, there are 67 apprenticeship programs available that represent a wide variety of occupations. After completing training, an apprentice becomes a journeyworker. Journeyworkers can earn a substantially higher salary as well as pursue career goals of becoming an apprentice supervisor, contractor, or even set up your own business.
Benefits of Apprenticeships
- As part of an established apprenticeship program, apprentices can take advantage of numerous benefits.
- Some of these benefits include:
- Learn from highly-trained skilled tradesworkers
- Reduce risk of injury while on the job through proper training
- Receive “Certification of Completion” after satisfactory completion of the program
- Periodic pay increases
- Upon completion of apprenticeship program and become a journeyworker, receive substantially higher wages
- Apprentices/Journeyworkers that join respective unions receive healthcare as well as retirement and other benefits
Questions: see Mrs. Fonoimoana in Q2